Saturday, October 17, 2009

Playing music on your PC via your home stereo

I always thought this was a difficult task, however recently I have discovered that you can connect a PC that does not have stereo jacks in the sound card to your home stereo system with a mp3 adapter.  This is is a wire with a 1/8" or mini-stereo jack on one end and stereo jacks on the other.  They cost around $15, depending on the size you get.  Simply plug the 1/8" end into the earphone jack on your laptop or PC.  Then plug the other end into the input jacks on your stereo.  Play your favorite tunes with iTunes or whatever music program you use and it sounds awesome coming out of your stereo.  You could probably make it sound even better by investing in a good sound card but this works!

Since discovering this, I have taken my entire CD collection and imported it into iTunes.  Now I have any song that I ever owned at my fingertips.  No searching for CDs, etc.  I just pull up iTunes and I can find a song, album or artist easily with the search feature in seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment